Friday, August 26, 2011

A portion is a portion is a portion

I know living here in Louisiana all of our portions are super sized...but here are a few tricks to that have helped me.
When I say tricks I mean not only to my eyes but to my stomach too.
So here are my 3 self deception tactics:

- First Use the 50,25,25 plate ratio
( 50% veggies,25% meat, 25% carb or starch )

- Secondly, When ordering in a restaurant ask for a box with ur meal to box up half of your meal before u dig in OR order an appitizer with a side salad(always dressing on side)

- lastly and most important when serving your own plate use a smaller plate so unfeel like u can fill it up without over doin it!! ie.trickin urself
(I always use a small cereal bowl with a spoon so I can scrape the sides clean leaving nothing behind...lol)

Use everyday items to compare to portion sizes example
- full deck of cards( including jokers and instructions-heehee)=3oz meat
- a tennis ball= 1 cup of rice
- the full length of a reg light bulb = size of large potato

Hope these are helpful to u .... Have a great weekend peeps!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment